This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
problem with cygwin crypt function
- From: bertrand marquis <bertrand_marquis at yahoo dot fr>
- To: cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:55:48 +0200
- Subject: problem with cygwin crypt function
- Reply-to: bertrand_marquis at yahoo dot fr
i need to use the cygwin crypt function to compare the result with
the result of the linux string function.
Under linux i crypt the string with a salt and then i have to remove the
first characters to remove the salt from the result string.
But under cygwin it seems that i only have a 13 char string with no salt
at the beginning and this result string is completely different from the
linux result string with the same input.
Does anyone know a way to solve that
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html