RE: gcc Unicode and _WinMain@16

  I thought it was only necessary to define UNICODE.  _UNICODE seems like it
ought to be a compiler-internals sort of thing.  (ANSI reserves all
identifiers beginning with _ for the compiler/library's internal use)

> It compiles, but
> when linking I get the error:
> main.c: undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'

  I notice you're using gcc to both compile and link your C++ file.  Does
using g++ instead of gcc for both stages help any?