binutil equivalent to /DRIVER

I am trying to compile an existing application (openXDK - http://openxdk.sourceforge.net) using GCC (as opposed to its current requirement of Visual C++). I have got compilation working, but run into trouble when I try to link.

The file that is produced by the existing mechanism is a kernel mode exe (by passing the /DRIVER flag to Microsoft's link.exe). I can't seem to find an appropriate gcc/ld flag to do the same thing - in fact, my searching of the web leads me to believe it may not be possible. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

BTW, I am using Cygwin GCC 3.3.1 under Windows 2000.

--
Craig Edwards