RE: makefile syntax %.d:%.c misunderstood

  Then you've typed something wrong.  Cygwin make has no problem with that
format.  I use it all the time successfully.

> If sources files are on my local drive (eg. :
> "c:\dev\sources"), make is
> successful, but if my sources files are on network drive
> mounted as /f, an
> error occurs during compilation :
> 	make: *** No rule to make target `../c/boardboot.d',
> needed by `make_dep'.
> Stop.
>
> Is it a problem of mount ?

  Most likely something's wrong in your makefile.  Are you using a hardcoded
VPATH that makes it work on your C drive but not any other?  Can you strip
down your makefile to a minimal test case that demonstrates the problem
using just a single .c file and %.d:%.c rule?

    cheers,
      DaveK