This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash wait indefinitely
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: John Reif <jreif at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:51:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: Bash wait indefinitely
- References: <OF6895D844.1DB6537A-ON88256EB0.000ACF29-88256EB0.000B8DCB@us.ibm.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Please send questions regarding Cygwin to the cygwin mailing list. There
you will get the expertise of the whole community rather than that of just
one individual. Also, replies can be archived for others to search in the
future. As such, I have redirected the discussion there. Thanks.
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, John Reif wrote:
> I saw your posts on a mailing list regarding bash hanging under cygwin
> waiting for zwClose, I have been experiencing the same problem on a 2 way
> xeon system where bash processes hang sometimes. Did you get any
> resolution to this problem? I am running with the most current version of
> cygwin dll. Thanks for the help!
No. I spent a good deal of time trying to investigate. All indications
are that it is due to a Windows bug with inheritance of anonymous pipes.
I've heard that using DisconnectNamedPipe together with named pipes might
be a workaround, but I have not tried it.
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
the best safety device in any aircraft is a well-trained pilot...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html