Re: Unable to open files including Korean names

On Mon, 2004-06-14 14:02:48 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 14 20:12, Jaeho Shin wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 02:55:23PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet (XXXXXX.XXXXXXX@XXXX.XXX) wrote:
>
> Please don't quote raw email addresses in a reply!
>
> http://cygwin.com/acronyms/index.html#PCYMTNQREAIYR

Oh, sorry about that.
Fixed it now.

> > > Your original mail stated
> > > "I did some test and found out that ``every file whose path includes
> > > Korean characters weren't openable.''  Still, I could move arround those
> > > paths from my shell, and get the file/directory listings with "ls"
> > > normally. I could still create directories with Korean names. "
> > >
> > > That would indicate that it's not the path handling code, but the use
> > > of NtCreateFile in 1.5.10.
> > > Can you "ls -l" those paths?
> >
> > Sorry about my complaints against you.  I misunderstood ``path
> > handling'' as everything done when openning files with paths in Cygwin.
> > Yes, I can "ls -l" them, so the problem is really in the file openning
> > part, not the path handling. :)
>
> I'm under the impression, the important difference is that Cygwin does the
> MultiByte to WideChar conversion instead of Windows itself.
>
> Could you please add "codepage:oem" to your CYGWIN environment variable
> and try again?  Does that change the behaviour?

Nothing changed.
I ran strace -o strace-ls-10-codepage_oem.txt ls -l 한글 한글/testfile,
and strace -o strace-touch-10-codepage_oem.txt touch 한글file.
Both are attached and gzip'ed due to size limit.

--
신재호 | Jaeho Shin <netj@sparcs.kaist.ac.kr> | http://netj.org/
System Programmers' Association for Researching Computer Systems