Re: Problem creating files on network drives with cygwin 1.5.10-3 and tar

--- Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Jun 15 14:48, Rick Rankin wrote:
> > --- Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> files
> > > on
> > > least),
> and
> > > had
> > > message

> > > WFM.  Could you send an strace output of that command?  Perhaps that
> > > helps.
> > >

> > Corinna,
> >
> > The strace output is attached. I looked at it some, but without looking at
> the
> > cygwin internals (I can't access external CVS repositories from work), it
> > doesn't make too much sense. Windows error 2 (The system cannot find the
> file
> > specified.) is accurate. The file really doesn't exist. If I execute 'touch
> > /cygdrive/m/test.tar' prior to running the tar command above, tar executes
> just
> > fine.
>
> Still, I can't reproduce that.  I can successfully create a tar archive
> on a remote drive, same command as above, on a Samba share as well as on
> a NT4 share.  Hmm, could you try a recent developers snapshot from
> http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/ ?

I get the same result with the 0604 snapshot, which is the last one I see
(almost two weeks old -- is that right??). I can try earlier ones if that will
help, but I'm not sure what the point would be.

If no one else can reproduce this, then it's bound to be something specific to
my environment/setup. I just find it odd that I can roll back to 1.5.9 and the
problem disappears.

If you can't think of anything else, then it appears that the next step would
be for me to build debug versions of tar and cygwin. That'll have to wait 'til
the weekend, though...

Rick