Re: Compiling DLLs to be used from native Win32 application

Dave Korn schrieb:
  Got any exciting new vuln reports coming up soon then?  Found a security
hole or three in cygwin?

I guess that he just wants to add this proxy being loaded dynamically:

http://www.security.nnov.ru/soft/3proxy/howtoe.asp#GCCWIN

> # How to compile 3proxy with GCC under Windows
>
> Extract source files from 3proxy.tgz (for example with tar -xzf
> 3proxy.tgz command if you have tar installed) Use make -f Makefile.win > command. If you want to use POSIX emulation Cygwin library (normally
> you shouldn't) - use make -f Makefile.unix instead. Windows specific
> things (like installing as service) will not be available if compiled
> with Cygwin emulation.

Reading this I spotted a false information. It is possible to run it as service: via cygrunsrv.
$ less /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/