Newbie How to get source (e.g. wc.c)

Hello All,

Question: How can I find source to various utilities such as word count's wc?

I am a newbie, want to learn C, and like the "by example" approach reviewing code. (I also have Kernighan & Ritchie's The C Programming Language which is quite helpful and refreshingly concise.)

Cygwin is installed and working well. "which wc" returns /usr/bin/wc. The /usr/src directory is emtpy. Ran setup.exe to see if I am missing something, but cannot find a "source" option - nor for that matter can I even find the "wc" program (it must be a component of a larger package).

Followed the instructions at http://cygwin.com/cvs.html to get the source, but the site states it contains "the core Cygwin libraries and utilities (winsup and newlib)" and thus none of the "simpler" utilities such as "wc" could be found.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your patience.

TC