Building shared mod_php on cygwin + undefined symbols and missing DSOs

I'm trying to build the shared php libraries on cygwin but no success so far.

Here's the configure invocation:

./configure --with-pgsql --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs \
   enable-cgi --enable-fastcgi

I get this warning when running make:
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries

Since it's a warning, I just ignore it.

However, I get this error when installing:

$ make install
Installing PHP SAPI module
apxs:Error: file libs/ is not a DSO
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

There is no on the libs directory. Only these files.

I've checked the cygwin archives regarding the issue and I saw these relevant posts:

In the first post, the question was "How to build php in cygwin". The responder pointed to a website. However, the several README.* files referred do not contain a reference to building php on cygwin (read: not even the string "cygwin").

I've searched the php site on relevant info regarding the problem. One link is:

However, it still does not give us an idea on how to build php on cygwin.

Further search on the net showed that there is an issue regarding using libtool with the "-no-undefined" option. I got the tip by entering the following string verbatim at google (except quotes):

"libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries"

Can anyone point out the way to build the latest php on cygwin?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Carlo Florendo
Astra Philippines Inc.

-- Unsubscribe info: Problem reports: Documentation: FAQ: