This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: sending email from Cygwin
- From: Jörg Schaible <Joerg dot Schaible at Elsag-Solutions dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:51:56 +0200
- Subject: RE: sending email from Cygwin
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Robert R Schneck wrote on Thursday, July 15, 2004 3:39 AM:
> Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>> Luke Kendall wrote:
>>> or that it creates a symlink to sendmail.
>> exim doesn't. That symlink is created by the cygwin specific
>> exim-config script under explicit user control. That avoids possible
>> conflicts with postinstall scripts.
> Hmmm. So perhaps the appropriate new behavior for ssmtp is to do the
> same thing, asking the user whether to create such a link in the
> ssmtp-config. I think so. Anyone else advise otherwise?
This is how other distos begin to deal with this problem (Gentoo already switched too):
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html