Error: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Igor took a guess yesterday and I have to agree from what little I seem to
remember of unix, my mounts are screwed up.The problem is this..

If I run a script with the initial heading of:

#! /bin/bash

I get this error:

bash-2.05b$ ./Test
bash: ./Test: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
bash-2.05b$

If I change the initial heading in my script to this

#! /cygwin/bin/bash

It works.

I am assuming thus far, I need a / to be my root director and that needs to
be aimed at c:/cygwin.  I have tried (more like fumbled) with the mount
command to make this happen but seems I lack the knowledge to actually make
work.

Thanks in advance for any help

>From the cygcheck I have learned this much :

Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Fri Jul 16 15:38:45 2004

Windows XP Professional Ver 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

Path:	E:\WINDOWS\system32
	E:\WINDOWS
	E:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
	c:\cygwin\bin
	E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT
	E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin
	E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools
	E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin

Output from c:\cygwin\bin\id.exe (nontsec)
UID: 400(DJJ) GID: 401(mkpasswd)
401(mkpasswd)

Output from c:\cygwin\bin\id.exe (ntsec)
UID: 400(DJJ) GID: 401(mkpasswd)
401(mkpasswd)

SysDir: E:\WINDOWS\System32
WinDir: E:\WINDOWS

CYGWIN = `tty notitle glob'
HOME = `e:\Documents and Settings\DJJ'
PWD = `/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin'

ALLUSERSPROFILE = `E:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS'
APPDATA = `E:\Documents and Settings\DJJ\Application Data'
CLIENTNAME = `Console'
COMMONPROGRAMFILES = `E:\Program Files\Common Files'
COMPUTERNAME = `SPIDERWEB'
COMSPEC = `E:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'
HISTCONTROL = `ignoredups'
HOMEDRIVE = `E:'
HOMEPATH = `\Documents and Settings\DJJ'
INCLUDE = `E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\atl\include;E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\mfc\include;E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\include'
LIB = `E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\mfc\lib;E:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib'
LOGONSERVER = `\\SPIDERWEB'
MSDEVDIR = `E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98'
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = `2'
OS = `Windows_NT'
PATHEXT = `.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH'
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = `x86'
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = `x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel'
PROCESSOR_LEVEL = `15'
PROCESSOR_REVISION = `0209'
PROGRAMFILES = `E:\Program Files'
PROMPT = `$P$G'
SESSIONNAME = `Console'
SHLVL = `1'
SYSTEMDRIVE = `E:'
SYSTEMROOT = `E:\WINDOWS'
TEMP = `E:\DOCUME~1\DJJ\LOCALS~1\Temp'
TERM = `cygwin'
TMP = `E:\DOCUME~1\DJJ\LOCALS~1\Temp'
USERDOMAIN = `SPIDERWEB'
USERNAME = `DJJ'
USERPROFILE = `E:\Documents and Settings\DJJ'
WINDIR = `E:\WINDOWS'
_ = `/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/cygcheck'
POSIXLY_CORRECT = `1'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000022

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000022
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `c:\cygwin'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin
  (default) = `c:\cygwin/bin'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib
  (default) = `c:\cygwin/lib'
  flags = 0x0000000a

.              /cygdrive  user    binmode,cygdrive
c:\cygwin      /          system  binmode
c:\cygwin/bin  /usr/bin   system  binmode
c:\cygwin/lib  /usr/lib   system  binmode
.              /cygdrive  system  binmode,cygdrive

>From the mount command, I get this:

bash-2.05b$ mount
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/e type user (binmode,noumount)
f: on /cygdrive/f type user (binmode,noumount)
g: on /cygdrive/g type user (binmode,noumount)
h: on /cygdrive/h type user (binmode,noumount)
bash-2.05b$