Re: No /bin after installation

Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 07:50:39AM +0000, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> >I've tried installing Cygwin numerous times with the current setup
> >program (www.cygwin.com/setup.exe), and have the base packages and a
> >number of the developer packages selected.  But when installation
> >completes, I have the /etc, /lib, /usr, and /var directories but
> >there's no /bin directory.
>
> No, you've tried "downloading" cygwin numerous times.  You apparently
> haven't actually used the "Install from Internet" option.  Select
> that when installing and you'll have better luck.

No, I've installed numerous times.  Each time I used the
"Install from Internet" option.  As I've said, the /etc,
/lib, /usr, and /var directories all exist and are not
empty so there are defincately some things that are getting
installed.  And the content of those dirs cannot be just
the downloaded files, because those were stored in a
completely different directory well outside of my install
path of D:/Cygwin.