Problems with rebaseall solved

To clarify what I said before:
The original problem was that I was unable to successful start the rootless
Xwin server from the startxwin.sh shell script. I would get an error stating
that in was unable to allocate memory for cygwin's heap for XWin.exe, i.e.

	cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve 9891528 bytes of space for
cygwin's heap (0x616D0000 <0x500000>) in child, Win32 error 487

My machine is a dell inspirion 8200 running Windows Xp Professional with
1280 MB of swap and 648MB of RAM. There was about 500MB free on the cygwin
partition.

The standard workaround that was the mention was to "Run windows update"
I had previously tried:

	Re-install for my entire cygwin distribution
	Re-installing KDE3 (more than once)
	Re-installing X11
	Defragging the partition where cygwin resided.
            Numerous rebaseall -v (* which reported no errors)

All of these had no real effect beyond changing the program which reported
the cygheap error.  Running starxwin.bat was unaffected.

Re: windows update:
	I found out, from a few different sources, that the workaround for
the cygheap/rebaseall issue was to run a windows update on the windows side
of your computer. But if your windows side is up to date, it is not possible
to run windows update since you have nothing to update. It was not clear if
just checking to see if you had any updates to install was enough. This was
not implied by the message.  I tried then to find something else to install
that might be similar to a windows update (i.e. does some sort of rebasing
of the dlls ) so I tried re-installing a Visual Studio service pack.

Update:

Well, the good news is that the problem went away after I installed the new
X11 updates I found on planetmirror.com

My apologies for not including enough context from the previous e-mail to
make my responses make sense.

...Jim Ramberg