Re: WinXP service problem

At 10:29 AM 8/4/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am facing a problem when I try to start cygwin ssh client as Windows service. The task is to automatically login to a ssh server without user intervention. Below is the scenario.
>
>I am trying to automatically connect to a Fedora Core2 server from my WinXP laptop. I have installed cygwin ssh client on my laptop and created a service to call a simple batch script which in turn calls ssh.exe with the required parameters. I am using RSA keys without passphrase to avoid entering password every time the service is started. The problem is that every time the service starts, it prompts for a passphrase. However, if I open a command prompt and manually call the batch script, it does not ask for a passphrase and directly log me into the server.
>
>Please let me know of any information you might have about this. I will highly appreciate any help.

Are you sure it's asking you for your passphrase and not your user password?
Is the user that the service is run as the one logging in or are you
specifying that too?

The easiest way to debug this is to start the server with verbosity turned
on to the max and compare the results of sshing with the service and without.
You can turn on verbosity for the clients too, though I expect that would be
a little less useful in this case.

Holliston, MA 01746