This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
/proc registry access
- From: linda w <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: "'Cygwin List'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:56:37 -0700
- Subject: /proc registry access
2 questions on the registry access in /proc.
1) Any idea on why find would choke on registry subtrees containing ":"? Is
some part of the path expansion going through Windows?
2) The user-guide implies read-write access to the registry-fs:
"As anytime you deal with the Windows registry, use caution since
changes may result in an unstable or broken system."
But I tried removing a value (that I can remove through regedit)
and get a "read-only filesystem" error message. Is there something
I need to do to make it writeable?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html