This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Keeping a local mirror up to date
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Keith Christian" <keithchristian at yahoo dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:56:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: Keeping a local mirror up to date
- References: <email@example.com>
Keith Christian wrote:
A few months ago I used SETUP.EXE to "download from internet" to a local
drive, which I copied to a CD to make it easier to install Cygwin on
When I want to update this local disk mirror with the latest packages,
option do I choose to download ONLY updated or brand new packages,
what is unchanged?
Is a "update an existing local mirror" procedure in a FAQ somewhere?
Experiment with "clean_setup.pl" (google)
You need to use it like this:
wget a new setup.ini
wget the files it says are missing
clean_setup.pl # puts the new downloads in the right directories.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html