Re: Dia & gtk 2 & cygwin

Hello Steve,

> The prerequisites for dia are:

>     * pkg-config
>       gstrfuncs.c: In function `g_strsignal':
>       gstrfuncs.c:674: error: conflicting types for `strsignal'
>       /usr/include/string.h:75: error: previous declaration of `strsignal'
>       gstrfuncs.c:674: warning: extern declaration of `strsignal'
>       doesn't match global one

pkg-config is available ready compiled via setup.exe.

>     * dintltool 0.21
> (ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/intltool/)
>       0.31.2 compiled, 1 test failed (#6), I installed it anyway.

intltool is available ready compiled via setup.exe.

>     * font-config 1.0.1
>       Is this the same as http://freedesktop.org/~fontconfig/? That
>       s/w's current version is 2.2.96, and fails its test:
>       make[2]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/src/fontconfig-2.2.96/test'
>       *** Test failed: Subdir with an out-of-date cache file
>       *** output is in 'out', expected output in 'out.expected'
>       FAIL: run-test.sh
>       ===================
>       1 of 1 tests failed
>       ===================

fontconfig is available ready compiled via setup.exe.

>     * GLib 2.1.3

GLib is available ready compiled via setup.exe.

>       glib-2.4.1 requiers pkg-config, which doesn't compile

pkg-config is available ready compiled via setup.exe.
GLib is available ready compiled via setup.exe.

>     * ATK 2.0.0

There ain't such thing like ATK 2.0, the latest available version
which comes with GNOME 2.8.0 is atk-1.8.0.

There is an atk package available via setup.exe which should be
sufficient.

>     * FreeType 2.0.9
>       FreeType 2.1.5 works under cygwin.

There is a ready to run package available via setup.exe.

>     * Pango 2.1.5

There is a ready to run package available via setup.exe.

>     * GTK+ 2.0.0

There is a ready to run package available via setup.exe.

>     * libxml 2.3.9

There is a ready to run package available via setup.exe.

[...]

> Any idea on how to get these to work so I can run Dia on Windows XP?

Just install all of these packages via setup.exe and you're done?
Well, you will have to build DIA yourself, this is not available via
setup.exe;)

Gerrit
--
=^..^=