This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
whole Cygwin release/ distribution issues
Dave Korn schrieb:
From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of David Christensen
Sent: 03 October 2004 03:15
Would you be interested in mentoring a willing volunteer?
Certainly. Just stand still right here for just one minute........
[sound of massive slap round face with a very wet kipper]
<brushes dust off hands> That'll learn 'im!
Wouldn't it be easy for the beginning to gather a list of
GTG (good-to-go) stable packages, without any known conflicts.
Or much better to gather a list of known conflicts, which have to be
resolved/left out/added from/to this distro. The rest can be in then.
Don't know how to deal with mixed stable/test builds.
E.g. I assume all of gerrits new packages are with latest gcc /
libtool-devel, which is still in test.
Maybe just start with issues for the binary packages:
Issues known to me so far:
ITP moratorium / SC (Steering Committee) idea?
at least "libmysql" and "mysql-client",
"mysql-server" probably not needed.
gcc-core > 3.3.3
needs libtool-devel-1.5.10 (still in test) for
libtoolized packages: .rdata bug
needs replacement (mingw build)
cygserver on Win95 (already fixed?)
some packages missing.
pending minor issues with wrong deps for libtool src builders.
* cygcheck -f /usr/dict/words => none
* dllwrap docs: no man or info page,
not even in the Cygwin/binutils*.README
* more init.d scripts for the services, maybe with
additional service installers/uninstallers
* freshly added gif support in libgd
* libungif pending and problematic X dependencies for libtool.
* sysbash package pending (to test service problems)
* ExplorerHere package pending (often requested feature)
* perl layout (better upgrade convenience)
* layout stuff:
where to put optional or contrib binaries, not to pollute the path
* xemacs 21.5 ?? (japanese need mule support)
* wait for gnome2, apache, php and mysql or do without?
php will need a lot of convenience extensions and dependent libs
* consider list of pending ITP's and not-GTG packages:
graphviz, ploticus, libming, t1lib, Swarm,
re2c, MTools, cdrtools, EMacro, leafnode, ac-archive,
rxp, git, unrtf, lcab, ...
all other of the ~100 Jaari ITP's probably not.
(esp. when he is very busy now, and it was one year ago)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html