This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] cygrunsrv --recovery <action>
- From: Rainer Hochreiter <rainer at hochreiter dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:57:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] cygrunsrv --recovery <action>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040930153543.GC29206@cygbert.vinschen.de> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <20040930161545.GC26915@cygbert.vinschen.de>
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:15:45 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep 30 12:06, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> And when you resubmit, please use "diff -u" instead of "diff -c" -- the
>> patch is much more readable that way.
well, are there any guidelines how to submit patches and describing
ChangeLog syntax available?
>> One immediate change I noticed was that the description parameter migrated
>> from calls to install_registry_keys to calls to install_service, but you
>> haven't provided any changes to either of those functions. Any reason for
> That's the change from direct writing of registry keys to using
> that ChangeServiceConfig2 function.
right! but if using ChangeServiceConfig2() is prohibited, why not writing
also directly to registry? ok, maybe there is no public documentation
available for that. what i found out is, that SCM writes into a key named
'FailureActions' of type REG_BINARY. anyone out here, who knows what to write
there? best would be the source of the sc.exe command ;-)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html