Re: (De)activating network connection

Brian Dessent wrote:
Thiers Botelho wrote:

I wish to use some command within a script to activate / deactivate an
Ethernet connection.

In WinXP this would normally be done thru Settings / Network Connections /
Local Connection / right-click .

I found _rasdial.exe_ but it seems to deal only with dial-up connections.

There's got to be some simple cmdline on/off switch somewhere (hope that
won't be regedit . . .)

Starting with XP Microsoft realized that it sure would be nice to be
able to set networking parameters (interfaces, addresses, routing, etc)
from the command line or scripts.  [Gee, what an idea, huh?  Took them
long enough to think of that.]

Try the following or something like it:
netsh int set interface "Local Area Connection" admin=ENABLED

Replace ENABLED with DISABLED as appropriate.  I'm not entirely sure of
the syntax but you can just run netsh and play around with ? and help to
get it down.

At least I have this netsh.exe available in my win2k system.. Never heard about it before this but seems very nice tool indeed.

--

Jani Tiainen