Re: Known Issues: document missing POSIX compliance and other unexpected behaviour

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 06:15:10PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 05:11:03PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
select():
see http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/highlights.html#OV-HI-SELECT
TODO

This points to a page which explains (in an outdated manner) implementation details of select. I don't see how it applies.

It applies as a TODO item. :)

TODO... what?

TODO: clarify. write about it.

processes
---------
See the user-guide on fork, ipc, COFF, ...

COFF?

Yes. Imho, the topic "processes" also includes loading a process. And handling the data structures in which the process is stored, even if not active ("loaded"). And COFF is good to known/explain in contrast to ELF or a.out. Also for debugging purposes.

I guess I've lost track of what you're talking about. I don't see any reason to know about COFF if you are debugging.

I do see a reason for it to mention COFF in contrast to ELF/a.out.
Even it's hidden behind binutils and gdb. But if you think it's irrelevant and no one asks about it don't mention it.

Sure, but where?
In the list or elsewhere?

the list

As I suggested in a wiki for some while until it is in the docs.  Seems
to work out good, even if it should be "rigorously maintained", as you
said.

Yes, you can make any method of communication work. I would never advocate going to some other site and working via a wiki when communicating via a mailing list and having decisions archived in one place has been the way we've been doing things for years.

ok. but, seems unrealistic IMHO. -- Reini Urban