This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin's OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 core dumps on the attached input and command
- From: "Dr. Stephen Henson" <steve at openssl dot org>
- To: Ralf Hauser <ralfhauser at gmx dot ch>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:23:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygwin's OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 core dumps on the attached input and command
- Organization: OpenSSL Project
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: steve at openssl dot org
On Tue, Oct 12, 2004, Ralf Hauser wrote:
> openssl smime -encrypt -rc2-128 -in signedFile.eml -out encryptedFile1.eml
> and on WinXP SP2 I get a core-dump - a colleague of mine got it as well.
> What can I do?
> The same happens if I use the win32 binary as of
> When using an old OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003 on Redhat, the same input files
> and command work nicely.
This is a known issue in 0.9.7d, it will be fixed in 0.9.7e. In the meantime
please use the latest 0.9.7-stable snapshot.
Dr Stephen N. Henson. Email, S/MIME and PGP keys: see homepage
OpenSSL project core developer and freelance consultant.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html