This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Ping: Cygwin libtool / assembler problem with -DPIC
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: libtool at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:29:10 +0200
- Subject: Ping: Cygwin libtool / assembler problem with -DPIC
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
> With GNU as PIC is not an noop, when -DPIC is used to invoke gas the
> generated assembly is broken. I saw this problem with a
> reautoconfiscated version of GMP. This may be unusual, but there was
> libtool used to invoke gas.
> While -DPIC is a noop for usual compilation, it is harmful when used
> as gas flag to compile assembly, I suggest to remove it entirely when
> target is cygwin. Change would be in libtool.m4 line 4971 ff in
> Alternative: don't pass flag through when gas is called.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html