Re: Shiny Icon

Tim Hubberstey wrote:
--- "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID)" wrote:

At Thursday, October 28, 2004 3:58 PM, Max Bowsher wrote:
Nick wrote:
Hey all. I made this shiny 32-bit 48x48 icon for Win XP, which
you're free to use if you like that kind of thing. I just found that
with the rest of my desktop being high-colour with drop shadows,
that the Cygwin icon looked a bit plain. Have fun.

http://sodawaterrhubarb.nickhowes.co.uk/cygwin.ico

Anyone got any opinions on adopting this in setup.exe and base-files ?

Max.

I'm happy with the current one as the default. But one could always package it with base-files or make it available as a special download so people use it if it they prefer it.

- Barry

I agree with Barry; make it an option. The icon doesn't display properly if you're running with 16-bit color (it shows as mostly black) so I think it is inappropriate to use it as the default.

Ah, ok.

Lacking any graphic design skills or any suitable icon editing programs, I'll leave well alone.

If anyone wants to make an icon file including suitable formats for both high and low sizes and colour depths, I'll seriously consider adding it to setup.

Max.