Re: Can I launch a graphical windows app from within a cygwin ssh session

DePriest, Jason R. schrieb:
On Tuesday, November 02, 2004 4:12 PM, Mark Stuhr wrote
[--cut some stuff--]

launch a windows app that should run on that remote (or host, can
never keep that syntax straight) box. (In other words a server runs
an app most of the time, but not as a service. That app needs
restarting for whatever reason and I'm on the road. I can dial in
with my pocketpc and get an ssh session going to that server, at that
point I'd want to kill that app, easy, then I need to restart that
app so it will stay running on that server even after I disconnect my
ssh session.

[--cut some stuff--]

How do I do that???

I am not in a position to test it out right now.

But what happens if you have the Cygwin SSH service on the remote system
set to interact with the local desktop?  Cygrunsrv has a commandline
switch --interactive to set this when you install the service, but you
can also change it by looking at the service properties through the
Windows services applet.

Indeed, --interactive is the correct answer.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/