Re: CPAN module in Cygwin

Elvin Peterson schrieb:
--- Reini Urban wrote:
Elvin Peterson schrieb:

What do people here use to install perl modules

(other

than CPAN)?

I use cpanplus (with a fixed reporter module) and cpan.

recent cpanplus versions became kinda unstable for
me with its Storage module, but I had not time to fix it yet.

cpansmoke and cpantest do work fine. but I stopped
automatic cygwin smoketests a couple of months ago.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Are these part of
cygwin (or do they have to be installed separately?
:-))?

CPANPLUS not yet. $ pmq -f CPANPLUS 0.049 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/CPANPLUS.pm $ pmq -f CPAN 1.76_01 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/CPAN.pm

In any case running CPAN sends my machine to
OOM, so I am sticking to precompiled binaries for now.

So fix your CPAN config file first, then you can bootstrap the rest.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/