Re: [Bug?] patchutils: interdiff /dev/stdin ... doesn't work

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Max Bowsher wrote:

Patchutils has no special handling of "-" as an argument.

Well, given that one of the examples on the interdiff webpage (and a very useful one, I might add) doesn't work properly on Cygwin, I wonder whether special handling of "-" should be added to at least the Cygwin version of patchutils...

No, but perhaps it should be added to the *upstream* version of patchutils. I've added it to my personal issue tracker.

An alternative would be to implement /dev/std* in Cygwin.
At the very least, this should be mentioned in the Cygwin-specific
patchutils readme.

What? That patchutils doesn't support "-"?
I think people are more likely to try it and see, rather than bothering to look for the README.

Max.