Re: Setup column far too wide

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>There was a package at some point that confused setup's versioning logic,
>so setup stored a very long version number for it.  The package is long
>gone from the mirrors, but if the OP was unlucky enough to update while it
>was still available, he has a corrupt line in his /etc/setup/installed.db.
>Since it's a plain text file, he can just edit it and remove that line (it
>should be easy to spot).
>HTH,
>	Igor

Yes, it was indeed libopenldap-bananananananananana that was the
problem, and removing it from installed.db did fix it.  It explains why my
home computer, which I update less frequently and which thus missed
the heyday of that package, never exhibited the problem.

Thanks for your perspicacity.

> "The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
> Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT

Darn, and I missed it!  I was really looking forward to seeing the oceans boil
off into space.

Aaron V. Humphrey
Kakari Systems Ltd.