This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with setup
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Luke Kendall" <luke dot kendall at cisra dot canon dot com dot au>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:40:04 -0000
- Subject: Re: Problem with setup
- References: <20041117031707.4D287837CA@pessard.research.canon.com.au>
Luke Kendall wrote:
I should also add that after a setup.exe crash at 9:38am after being
left running overnight, later attempts to install that day (with the VM
size steadily increasing, and setup.exe appearing to "stick" at the
stage where it is installing the zip package), that setup.log was not
updated by the later installation attempts.
Shouldn't setup.log be getting opened in append mode? We examined it
at various times during a later installation attempt, and the contents
didn't change and the file modification time stayed at 9:38am.
At the moment, the log files are written to disc in one bulk write when
setup.exe completes. That's probably not a great design feature.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html