Re: Perl-tk?

Brian Dessent schrieb:

dwycoff wrote:

I tried using a perl-tk script in cygwin that I wrote more than
a year ago.  Whenever I run it it dies at:

Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5...

I did a search and couldn't find Tk.pm.  So I looked to the cygwin
website, but didn't find any mention of it there, either.

Has perl-tk made it to cygwin?

nope.

Perl modules are installed from CPAN, not through Cygwin setup (with the
exception of libwin32 which does not compile without patches.)  Have you
tried installing the module with CPAN?

Tk is also known not to work OOTB.

I have successfully built perl Tk 800.024 (with Gerrit's help) for X windows.
I haven't tried later versions of Tk or the windows native version.

(Gerrit says this is no longer necessary with perl-5.8.5 for Cygwin, but I haven't verified this)

0) Get a copy of Tk-800.024.tar.gz from the web
1) cd /usr/X11R6/lib
2) ln -s libX11.dll.a libX11.a
3) cd ~/mybuildarea
4) tar xzf Tk-800.024.tar.gz