Re: Compatibility to Windows2003 (64-bit)

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 09:03:10AM -0500, Larry Hall wrote:
>At 03:55 AM 11/19/2004, you wrote:
>>The FAQ says cygwin run on all modern 32 bit versions of Windows,
>>except Windows CE.  This includes Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
>>
>>Is there a plan to make cygwin compatible to Windows2003 (64-bit)?  If
>>yes when will it be?
>
>There's not much activity to make Cygwin work in a native 64 bit
>environment at the moment.  I'd say that this is waiting for someone
>with the O/S and the interest/skills to make this happen.

Actually, both Corinna and I have 64 bit platforms these days (mine was
donated by an anonymous benefactor.  I still can't get over that).  We
have a workaround for previous problems in current versions of cygwin
so, AFAIK, Cygwin should work on 64 bit windows:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-09/msg00002.html

I'll change the main web page if/when 64 bit windows goes out of beta.
Or is it there already?

cgf