[OT now] RE: cygwin sshd will not run under McAfee VirusScan 8.0i

  We are not alone!

"Results 1 - 10 of about 87,900 for norton +sucks"

> If you simply must run AV, try something more civil like AVG. It at
> least as the virtue of mostly staying out of the way.

  That is indeed what I almost always recommend to victims^Wusers^Wvictims
of Norton's bugware, and I can't praise it highly enough.  Small, simple,
unintrusive and effective.

  Oh, and just to be absolutely clear: it's not just "Not-on" AV, it's
absolutely *everything* Norton: their internet security package, their
anti-spam stuff, their pc-health-monitoring stuff: the entire suite should
be despised with deep prejudice.

  I regularly get thanked by ex-Norton-sufferers, whose machines I have
removed it from and given them something decent like the AVG+ZA combination,
and they say things like "Wow, my machine only takes a fraction of the time
to startup it used to and everything it does is so much faster and smoother