Re: [OT now] RE: cygwin sshd will not run under McAfee VirusScan 8.0i

Dave Korn schrieb:
-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Michael Hipp
Sent: 19 November 2004 19:06
I thought I was the only one with that opinion of McNorton.
We are not alone!
"Results 1 - 10 of about 87,900 for norton +sucks"

If you simply must run AV, try something more civil like AVG. It at least as the virtue of mostly staying out of the way.

AVG or

  That is indeed what I almost always recommend to victims^Wusers^Wvictims
of Norton's bugware, and I can't praise it highly enough.  Small, simple,
unintrusive and effective.

  Oh, and just to be absolutely clear: it's not just "Not-on" AV, it's
absolutely *everything* Norton: their internet security package, their
anti-spam stuff, their pc-health-monitoring stuff: the entire suite should
be despised with deep prejudice.

  I regularly get thanked by ex-Norton-sufferers, whose machines I have
removed it from and given them something decent like the AVG+ZA combination,
and they say things like "Wow, my machine only takes a fraction of the time
to startup it used to and everything it does is so much faster and smoother

Somewhen in the nearer future clamav will have FindFirstChangeNotification support. ("on-access scanning")
Technically no major problem, just how to get the config compatible with Dazuko/Clamuko. It's even written by an developer.
Reini Urban