This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: slightly different cygwin installation problem
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Daniel Newhouse <misterscary2001 at yahoo dot com>, "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:06:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: slightly different cygwin installation problem
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Daniel Newhouse wrote:
--- "Gerrit P. Haase" <email@example.com> wrote:
You can easy check this, run the postinstall script
again from the
command line before installing X11:
$ sh /etc/postinstall/post-texinf.sh.done
This command did not work and this file is nowhere on
It was quoted from your text, actually I see only
/etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh.done here too, maybe you meant this?
Should make no difference, yes.
I wasn't asking a question, I was stating that I tried
downloading the packages and then running the
installation from a local directory and it did not
work. I also stated that someone else stated the same
thing on either this ML or the cywin-X ML.
I don't recall the error message but I remember that
it was an error message generated by the cywin install
program and not by Windows.
I just said that it should be no difference at all whether you run
'Install from Internet' or 'Download' & 'Install from Local'.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html