This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: truncate() improperly returns EBADF
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:56:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: truncate() improperly returns EBADF
- References: <20041201084841.GA2356@efn.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 12:48:41AM -0800, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>When using truncate(), EBADF is sometimes improperly returned. susv3
>doesn't list this as a possible errno value for this function. In
>particular, ENOENT should be returned when when path doesn't exist and
>EACCES when write permission is denied.
Thanks for the test case.
I've checked in a fix which should rectify this behavior. It will be
in the next snapshot.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html