This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin build of perl5.8.5 (cygwin-thread-multi-64int)
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Tom Axehult <tom dot axehult at tele2 dot se>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:44:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin build of perl5.8.5 (cygwin-thread-multi-64int)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Axehult wrote:
Can anyone explain the outcome of running what follows on an XP, SP2?
10:06:24 ~ > perldoc -v perldoc
C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe (4076): *** couldn't release memory 0xA04000(1032192)
4int\auto\Fcntl\Fcntl.dll' alignment, Win32 error 487
4 [main] perl 3944 sync_with_child: child 4076(0x6A4) died before
initialization with status code 0x1
242 [main] perl 3944 sync_with_child: *** child state child loading dlls
No sorry, I cannot explain this. It works here with my XP/SP2 so it is
not a generic problem. I'm seeing that perl writes a file to /tmp
instead this error.
Maybe perl doesn't like your TMP drive:
> TEMP = `C:\DOCUME~1\TOMAXE~1\LOKALA~1\Temp'
> TMP = `C:\DOCUME~1\TOMAXE~1\LOKALA~1\Temp'
Create /tmp and set TMP & TEMP to /tmp.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html