RE: OpenSSH remapped my /usr/bin

  Well, only the people who supplied you with this botched bundle can tell
you exactly what their buggy custom uninstaller might have destroyed.
Presumably it's unset all your cygwin related environment variables.  Who
knows what else it may have done: perhaps when it uninstalled, it did so
using the newly-restored cygwin mount paths in the registry, and so deleted
files from your real cygwin install instead of the mini-cygwin-installation
it had originally set up.

  You'd probably stand the best chance of getting everything to work again
by re-running setup and letting it bring you up to date.  That way you'll
also get an up-to-date, bug-fixed version of openssh; presumably the package
you got wasn't being updated as often as the official cygwin release?

    cheers,
      DaveK