This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: find prints wrong file size for files >2GB
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 03:11:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: find prints wrong file size for files >2GB
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <41B43182.9AEE4F96@hot.pl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Jacek Trzmiel wrote:
> $ ls -l aaa
> -rw-r--r-- 1 sc0rp None 4700000000 Dec 6 10:54 aaa
> $ find ./aaa -printf "%10s %p\n"
> 405032704 ./aaa
GNU findutils does have largefile support as of 4.1.5. See
There is a configure test to see if off_t can represent a 64 bit value,
which should set the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS define correctly.
However, the timestamp on Cygwin's findutils package is 19-May-2002,
which was before Cygwin 1.5.0 was released (10-Jul-2003), which was the
first version to include 64bit file io support. Thus it may just be
that findutils needs to be rebuilt with a recent cygwin1.dll to enable
this support in the code. It may even be a good idea to refresh the
package to the current upstream which appears to be 4.2.9 at
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html