This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: find prints wrong file size for files >2GB
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:05:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: find prints wrong file size for files >2GB
- References: <41B43182.9AEE4F96@hot.pl> <41B43E59.8E8E190C@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 03:11:21AM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>However, the timestamp on Cygwin's findutils package is 19-May-2002,
>which was before Cygwin 1.5.0 was released (10-Jul-2003), which was the
>first version to include 64bit file io support. Thus it may just be
>that findutils needs to be rebuilt with a recent cygwin1.dll to enable
>this support in the code. It may even be a good idea to refresh the
>package to the current upstream which appears to be 4.2.9 at
They just updated to 4.2.10 today. I don't normally like to use the
alpha versions of packages but I do need to get a new version out which
understands 64 bit file sizes and this version fixes the 'tempfile'
problem in updatedb.
I've packaged this up and uploaded it to sourceware.org. A new version
should be on mirrors soon.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html