This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Norton 2005 blocks? Worm trojan horses in wget and rsync?
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "bob sandefur" <rsandefur at cam-llc dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:06:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: Norton 2005 blocks? Worm trojan horses in wget and rsync?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 06:59 PM 12/7/2004, you wrote:
>For about a week Norton 2005 on xp service pack 2 pops up with msg it has
>blocked various worms and trojan horses from wget and rsync. I have run
>cygwin for 4 or 5 years with no issues at all. Full scan by norton finds
>nothing. I did install w3mir about 3 weeks ago on 1 machine about 4 weeks
>ago. Anyone else have similar issues? Search of this list for worm trojan
>gave 1 hit relating to email.
You probably should read the FAQ entry referenced below:
Is Cygwin Setup, or one of the packages, infected with a virus?
What it says applies equally as well to anything you might download
via wget and rsync.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html