This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ls taking too long
- From: "Shaffer, Kenneth" <shaffek at sciatl dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:18:40 -0500
- Subject: ls taking too long
- Reply-to: kenneth dot shaffer at sciatl dot com
If a directory contains a large number of files (I have >40000) where most
of them are named such that the first character is a "1" and you do an "ls
x*" where only one of the files begin with x, the ls takes an inordinate
amount of time, but going to a plain dos window and "dir e*" is really
I'm using 1.5.11.
- - - - - - - Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html