This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.12: problems without registry keys
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:22:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.5.12: problems without registry keys
- References: <NUTMEGDn9cvKluevz1700000476@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <NUTMEGtYnHC0G1zXs0o000004d0@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 04:08:28PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>I'm running with a fairly recent CVS build of cygwin. Maybe there was
>a problem at some point that is now fixed, in which case a snapshot
>should fix it.
I'm not aware of any problems in this regard. The registry code in
CVS is more robust these days thanks (as usual) to Pierre Humblet but
prior to that the code hasn't changed much in months.
I'd suspect cockpit errors myself. I don't see any reason why cygwin
would hang if registry keys are missing.
It would be worth trying the latest snapshot and debugging with gdb,
however. The latest snapshot has debugging symbols.
Don't use it for anything more than debugging however. It has some
problems with starting/stopping processes.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html