This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
findutils: "find /foo -printf '%P\n'" incorrect
- From: Tim Moorhouse <tim at array dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:26:29 -0500
- Subject: findutils: "find /foo -printf '%P\n'" incorrect
- Organization: Array Systems Computing
I'm not sure when this stopped working, but it was in the last couple of
Suppose I have a /foo/bar/baz file and do a "find /foo -printf '%P\n'".
I'm now getting "foo/bar/baz" as output instead of "bar/baz" - when
formatting the %P option of printf, it seems to be assuming that the
path on the command line is always "/" instead of what was actually
The set of files is correct (it's not actually using "/" as the path and
looking through the entire filesystem), it's just the formatting of the
output that seems to be wrong.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html