[Fwd: [rurban@x-ray.at: Re: src/timezone/pgtz __imp__my_exec_path]]

[Catching up on some older mail]

I'm sorry, but is there a way to expand this a bit, possibly with a
testcase?  Calling msgctl(IPC_INFO) does not involve any creation
of a new datastructure inside of cygserver.  The buf parameter to
msgctl must be allocated by the application.  What happens is that
cygwin copies only the buf pointer value to cygserver and cygserver
in turn copies it's own datastructure (created on cygserver start)
over to the application's buf address, using a Windows function
(WriteProcessMemory).  From the above description it's not clear to
me how the fault could be in cygserver since it has nothing to do with
the creation of the buf memory in the application.  And how do you think
gcc is involved in that?  I don't know how the buf memory is created
in postgres so a short discussion could be enlightening perhaps.

Corinna