This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin, tar, dlt
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:01:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin, tar, dlt
- References: <loom.20041210T014946firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 10 00:51, David wrote:
> i'm trying to TAR to DLT using Cygwin. I'm using the command -b 512, but for
> some reason, the Tape will max out at 128bytes. If I use a Windows based TAR
> program it works fine at 512. Any suggestions? Thanks
I don't know the Windows tar, but the Cygwin tar (correctly) doesn't
set the buffer size used by the underlying tape driver. Try using mt(1)
to set the buffer size in the driver before calling tar.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html