Re: defaultprograms / setup.exe

At 03:05 AM 12/10/2004, you wrote:
>Brian Keener <bkeener <at> thesoftwaresource.com> writes:
>

>> Bruno Schneidhuber wrote:
>> > But I didn't find out, where setup.exe reads the default list what to
>> > install.
>> > Could someone pleas help me?
>> >
>> This is probably better discussed in cygwin-apps but....
>>
>> I believe if you look in the setup.ini file for all packages with a
>> category of
>> base then you will have the defaults.
>>

>Hello,
>
>thanks for the advice, I will post this article in cygwin-apps.
>I looked at the setup.ini, but there are only hints for all packages. I
>couldn't see a trigger whether a package should be installed or not.

As Brian mentioned, the base category is always installed for a new
installation.  After that, what's installed is automatically updated
with each subsequent run of 'setup.exe'.  The list of installed
packages is kept in /etc/setup/installed.db.  There's no external
'trigger' that dictates what's installed or updated by default.  That's
part of the logic of 'setup.exe'.

Holliston, MA 01746