This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygwin 5.1 and XP?
- From: Barry Gold <barry at nrtc dot northrop dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:00:12 -0800
- Subject: cygwin 5.1 and XP?
- Organization: Northrop Grumman Corporation, ACS, 9L72
I installed CYGWIN_NT-5.1 on Windows XP. It mostly works, but there are
a few anomalies that bother me.
1. CYGWIN_NT-5.0, which I have installed on my Win 2000 system, displays
the CWD in the title bar. 5.1 does not. I prefer the 5.0 behavior.
2. Problem with cp utility:
bgold $ cp foo /tmp
cp: Error copying file foo to /tmp: Access is denied.
bgold$ cp foo /tmp/foo
cp: Error copying file foo to /tmp/foo: The system cannot find the path
But vi foo, :w/tmp/foo works
3. Dragging the pointer in 5.0 automatically marks text for copying. In
5.1 (or maybe in XP) this doesn't work and you have to explicitly select
Edit->Mark before each mark operation. If this is a cygwin problem vs.
an XP problem, I would like to see a fix.
4. When I bring up a new cygwin window, .bashrc doesn't get run. I have
". .bashrc". I have run into this problem on other systems when I had
"installed" cygwin by copying from a CD image of the cygwin directory
from my home system (no net access).
But in *this* case I had gone through the install process and taken all
the defaults, so I would expect it to run my .bashrc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html