This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: man-1.5o1-1
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:10:15 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: man-1.5o1-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
A new version of 'man' has been uploaded to a server near you.
Man, apropos and whatis.
- Fixed postinstall bug 571 (see http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=571)
- The following problem with not honoring MANWIDTH seems to be fixed upstream
- Fixed man2html array overflow
More details about the individuell bugs can be found under the URL
where XXXXX represents the numeric bug id.
- upgrade to 1.5o1: update patches, remove gencat iconv and posix
page hacks as they're upstream fixed (#128691, #129882)
- nroff not called with -rLL=, -rLT= parameters which should contain
value from get_line_width()/MANWIDTH (#80893)
- append ".color" request to groff output to control color/monochrome
control via the new man "-b" switch (#120112)
- reverse iconv catmsgs for legacy enc support (#138199) Thanks to
- update English man page: remove obsolete LESSCHARSET reference (#133521);
add -b switch and NOCOLOR conf directive
- "Welche Handbuchseite soll angezeigt werden?" (#135995)
- replace russian messages (#134387) Thanks to Leonid Kanter
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up
the above mentioned package from the 'Doc' category.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html