This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 2:problem with installation of cygwin
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: michael chen <michael_chen1_2000 at yahoo dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:57:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: 2:problem with installation of cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 07:07 AM 12/11/2004, you wrote:
>I mean after finishing the installation, that message
>pops up "
>cygwin1.dll" cannot be found"
First thing to try, reboot. If that doesn't help, search your system for
more than 1 cygwin1.dll. Delete any that you find that aren't in your
Cygwin installation bin directory. Then read and follow:
How do I uninstall all of Cygwin?
Then reinstall. If none of the above help, read:
>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Pay special attention to the requested information and method of
conveyance (*attach* cygcheck output, don't append).
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html